Sunday, June 8, 2008

1st Chapter of Breaking Dawn

Okay, of course I got my special edition of Eclipse early Saturday. My son had a tournament that weekend, so there I am in the stands trying to read the chapter yet trying to watch my son's game. Well, here are some of my thoughts:

1. Bella's car - I hated the fact that her truck died. I love that truck. It makes me wonder if "someone" did anything to it just so he could get her a new car. Bella's also somewhat suspicious of him as well, but she won't fully announce her suspicions cause they bring up memories of Jacob.

2. The before car - I cracked up so much when she overheard the two guys talking about how bulletproof, fireproof, tank-resistant, etc... the car is. I shook my head and thought, "That Edward." It was interesting to read that Bella is finally starting to see things from his point of view, that he loves her, that he's only trying to protect her. Is she maturing? Hmm...interesting.

3. The after car - She won't even look at it. It's under a sheet in the garage and she won't even look at it. This tells me she still feels the lopsidedness of her and Edward's relationship. I wonder if they'll be some sort of miscommunication/lack of trust in their love on her part in the next book, but there shouldn't be. Hmm...I don't know...

4. The parents - It cracked me up about Renee and Charlie's reaction to her impending wedding. I never thought Charlie would think that, but my sister screamed, "I knew he'd say that!" I missed it. However, I did think that Renee would react in that way. Bella and Edward's visit to her in April showed that she saw everything. Charlie should've said what he needed to say instead of relying on Renee to be the bad guy. Sometimes you just gotta say what you feel even if it does bother/hurt the other person or else you'll always regret not telling them. I did like the new relationship between Renee and Esme. It was interesting how well the in-laws got along.

5. Bella's happy place - past the wedding and deep in their honeymoon "wherever" they may be since Edward's keeping it a secret. I was surprised that she's decided to go to Dartmouth; I thought she was all set to attend the school in Alaska in the last book. Oh well, you can't turn down a school like Dartmouth. It just makes me wonder how Edward is taking this. Is he still trying to convince Bella not to or is it just a ruse? I thought he was all set to give her everything she wanted at the end of Eclipse. When I read the chapter of BD, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm just being overly suspicious. I'm glad for her. She's going to get her happily ever after, but I'm still thinking about Jacob. Only Jacob.

6. Jacob - I saved this for last because of my own feelings for Jacob. He's still gone; he ran north. I don't know why, but I thought he'd run east or south. I was surprised by Charlie's reaction to his leaving; I should've realized how much Charlie liked Jacob. Jacob. My sweet Jacob. still running. still, in a very small way, looking out for Bella. I was surprised that she had an ally in Seth. I don't know why, but I thought the pack wouldn't have such a big deal against her, but I guess I misinterpreted everything. Only Seth can see past the vampire thing. And his mom. Bella still checks up on Jacob. He doesn't like it. He doesn't like the way his brothers are behaving toward her. He's trying to be total animal, acting on instincts alone. He had better come back for BD! I don't know if I'd forgive Stephenie if she didn't bring him back. I think she will though. I still think there'll be the fight between the Cullens and the Volturri and the Denali clan and the pack. Jacob has to come back for that.

Okay, I will talk about my assumptions for A Midsummer Night's Dream soon since I have to read it for summer.

No comments: